Sunday, March 27, 2011

When life tears you apart

HELLO WORLD, I realised I haven't been blogging for a long time now and it's the time of day when I usually have the mood to blog. On sunday nights when the weekends have just ended and another new week starts to dawn on me. Life is unpredictable these days and the times when we feel like it's going to be a bad day can actually turn good.

The news headlines reek of ominous disasters and calamities, war and gore and power struggles. We in Singapore should feel extremely blessed that we are a country that doesn't get knocked around by the ebb and flow of nature nor are we one that is a ticking time bomb of political unrest waiting to explode into a full scale blood bath. It's in perilous times like these when I feel happy to be part of this safe haven in Singapore. While the world around us folds over and crumbles into pieces, our little red dot has triumphed from adversity into a force to be reckoned with. Do we really have to make mountains out of molehills? Can't we all just be satisfied with what we have and how safe this island is? I guess human nature is as such, we will never be satisfied with the things we have. My heart goes out to all the quake shaken countries of japan, myanmar and even china. Also those in the highly volatile regions that are ongoing so much strife and uncertainty. We live our lives on this sunny island without the constant fear a hurricane may rip our roof off our heads or the sound of bullets buzzing by our windows. WE SHOULD BE THANKFUL.

Many have claimed this marks the coming of the end times and that the world is coming more and more to the horrific end that is described quite graphically in the book of revalations. I for one think that it's not up to us to predict the future or up to us to know when it all ends. Though we thrive on certainty and predictability in certain ways so that we won't make future mistakes, we are not and will never be God. So let's just not get too ahead of ourselves now.

Enough of all the serious and doomsday news.

Now on to my "exciting" life! :D

I have been officially posted out of BMT and the first week was a blast. People have been awesomely friendly and the working atmosphere makes time speed by in a blast. I really feel blessed being posted here and I have nothing but gratitude for the Lord. :)

You know I'm a youtube fanatic, constantly scouring through my subscriptions for great music of funny videos.

The cave- Mumford and Sons (Jake Coco)
This week I stumbled upon this man here, Jake coco. I haven't heard mumford and sons music yet and from the way this guy covered the song, I became an instant fan.

Yes the weekends are over so quickly. I guess when they say times passes when you're having fun, it really is true. Periodically I look to check at my calender and would believe we're already almost at the end of march. This year has been amazingly quick so far and I just hope that it won't fly past without me enjoying as much of the process as I can.

On a much sentimental and random note. Recently, I've been thinking a lot lately of that special someone that I've fallen head over heels with in the past. The messages that we recently exchanged and how it would be like to have someone to love again.Ignore how naiive i am right now, my emotions are messing with my mind

TILL ANOTHER DAY PEOPLE, GOD BLESS AND KEEP ON SMILING!

No comments: