Saturday, March 12, 2011

My heart goes out to all in Japan. After looking at the terrible scenes unfolding in front of me on my laptop while living in the comfortable environment called Singapore, you start to realize how blessed we all are. All my heart felt prayers to everyone suffering in the crisis and even those countries affected but the after shock tsunami in the pacific basin. I just hope that everything will turn out fine and God willing this chain of incidents plaguing 2011 will come to an end and the year will turn out better for all of humanity.

When I look at the challenges faced by the other countries, I've come to realize how great our little red dot is, always unfazed and moving along the economic ladder. Though not all of us may be multi millionares, we all at least have a roof over our heads we consider home. When we look at other countries that are in turmoil either politically or naturally plagued by natural disasters, we will know and appreciate how comfortable we are and complaining will only seem naiive and ignorant. When things happen do we appreciate the things we take for granted in life, that's human nature.

These few days have got me thinking, especially the trip to the changi war memorial museum. I really felt how the POW's struggled in times of adversity and trial and really evoked a lot of emotion within me. At times we feel life is so mundane and only like to do what seems like a tradition, to complain, but when you know that someone has it worse off than you only do you keep quiet and count your blessings. If people were to appreciate how awesome life is, we wouldn't be dreading life right now would we.


Chris Medina- What Are Words
This song is one of the most heart felt songs I've ever heard, especially coming from a man like Chris Medina. These are the songs that pull your heart strings and unknowingly even though you don't find yourself touched, in your heart you'll be bawing your eyes out. Listen to the lyrics of this song and find that every single word is so beautifully crafted, simple yet have so much deep meaning.

Ask yourself this, " What are words if you really don't mean them when you say them, what are words if they're only for good times then they're gone" "they live on even when they're gone"

If you love someone, do you tell them lies and deceive them from the truth or do you mean them when you say them, those three words I LOVE YOU.

You know friends, I've learned to get over the results now and thank all my close friends for being such concerned beacons of light in my life when it seemed all was dark. I thank every single person for picking me up in my sad moments and getting me back on my feet again. Especially the Lord for His constant inspiration and grace in my life that has once again brought me out of pessimism, because I always fine comfort in the knowledge that He's there, always.

These few weeks have passed by very fast in camp and soon will be the passing out. I've made so many friends here in my platoon that I feel will last a lifetime. Met so many unexpected people in my life that i thought i never would have met. Most importantly, through these 4 weeks we all have bonded like no other and I would have to say, all this coming to a close is really making me all the more sentimental. :) platoon 2 pals, you made this journey a great one.

TILL ANOTHER DAY PEOPLE! GOD BLESS AND KEEP ON SMILING!

No comments: