Wednesday, February 9, 2011


Christina Perri- Jar of Hearts

One of my new favorite songs i've successfully learned recently. The lyrics mean a lot to me and what I once felt of that certain, taking all the effort and tearing my love apart. Those weren't exactly the best of times, but the lyrics seemed to reach out to that particular moment in life when I felt exactly the same way.

Today was Liqing's birthday party so happy birthday Liqing!

Hanging out with friends probably doesn't get much better than today, just chilling in east coast talking and playing card games. I finally got to play sparkles after so long and it was a dive back into the past when I used to enjoy this so much. The bright lights and all the atmosphere that came with swinging them around. I remember in the past when I played these things, I would stick them into the ground to form smiley faces or to just toss them in the air to see them like little shooting stars tossed into the sky. Sometimes when you think about the past like that, you can't help but wonder how far you've come. We were discussing on the way back about turning the big 2-0 this year. To me turning 20 seemed like a long way away till this year when it dawned on me that I'm about to replace my 1 for a 2 on my double digit age. And honestly, it's a step forward into being older and more mature.

Looking at my friends one by one loosing their freedom is really a sign that mine is about to come as well. I really try my best to think about this day with the utmost of optimism, but honestly one man can only be as optimistic as this. TO ALL THOSE ABOUT TO ENLIST THIS WEEK OR WHO ALREADY HAVE ENLISTED, I JUST WISH YOU ALL THE BEST OF LUCK IN TEKONG OR CHOA CHU KANG AND TAKE CARE. Esp. Parthi, Des, Shariful, Zhi Yoong and to those who I've forgotten too :)

GOD BLESS AND KEEP ON SMILING!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oops! It looks like we've made a mistake and sent you the wrong link. If you clicked on the previous one, then you'll know that it didn't work. Here's a new link just for you -- we hope you'll take our survey!

http://new.qualtrics.com/SE?Q_SS=afRhDpoilFYvJKk_4Hp4lVv4k0EMdeI

Questions? You can get in touch with us at info@bloggingcommon.org or check out our FAQ at http://bloggingcommon.org/research.

We hope you'll join us,
The Blogging Common Team
Berkman Center for Internet & Society at Harvard University