Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The aspect of time is so abstract no man can fathom. It can pass you by what seemed like seconds when it actually is hours, or it slow down in the most agonizing moments that make minutes seem like hours. In our minds, time is hard to grapple, such a mystery is time.

Time has run fast short and now i realise my time to enjoy myself maybe coming quickly before i know it, to an end. The new year has passed me by and all I recall are the great memories of chattering relatives and great food, with of course lots of red packets in between as a formality. Today, I sent off 2 of my friends heading into the army and loosing what they loved most, freedom. I know of so many heading into the army tomorrow that I can only sit and try not to think about this phase in my life. I may not be an actively combat fit army man, but I still have to go through PES E nonetheless.

Saturday was UNIVERSAL DAY! It was the 3rd day of chinese new year and this outing had been planned quite far in advance as a family outing to our dear cousins who will be leaving for scotland this saturday. Universal studios always brings about this little boy in you that you feel magical and airy fairy again. I've been to Universal last year and to say that this is all new to me would be lying. But I feel accomplished after that day because I've finished the most exhiliriating ride in universal studios, THE MUMMY. I shouted and screamed till I went hoarse for that ride but I didn't regret going on the ride, the ups and downs and plunges that make your heart fly into your mouth. If you have headaches I strongly recommend this ride, it isn't long enough to make you all giddy and scared, its fast enough that it shook my afternoon headache out of me, like a bolt of lightning through my tired body. The characters and long queues typical of theme park settings but to experience it with the whole family really makes this trip a whole lot more special, I'll upload the photos and let them do the talking soon!

Then we come to today where I met my pals for a night out before ns beckons. I have to say that hanging out with friends whenever is always awesome because these people will always make my day. We started out by having dinner at carls and talking about life and catching up. Then we decided to go play LAN which honestly I don't get what all the craze is on first person shooter games. Sure they may be exciting to once in awhile placate your frustrations and killing some virtual man but playing it for more than 2 hours to me makes me cringe at the meer taking a shot at anyone.War may not be my cup of tea or even any beverage that I will ever prefer, but I much rather enjoy racing down the streets of gotham or monte carlo than holding a gun in my hand and running around watching people die. Also, I always die, so that's a minus. Enough of the cons of war games, ironically, I even went out to buy cold of duty: black ops today which is a war game, what was i thinking.

All that ranting has to stop somewhere and here I am, already tired from the day out and thinking about knocking out on my bed till I feel like waking up.

YES FREEDOM IS AWESOME, it's hard to say otherwise.

TILL ANOTHER DAY, GOD BLESS AND KEEP ON SMILING!

No comments: