Thursday, September 29, 2011

Where got time?

I miss writing and honestly I miss this space I once used so often to rant about things in life, though insignificant to other meant so much to me. Once in a while i get the urge to write and i jot them down in a notebook of random thoughts and ramblings, but often than not I don't find a space as conducive as this to pour out my thoughts.

I'm sure many will say that blogging is a has-been celebrity of the past and twitter is now the new in thing to rant your thoughts. Honestly, the 200 word limit is hindering and I don't like to put my thoughts in summary. I simply don't have the habit or find the joy in posting little thoughts onto my wall when I feel like it, because honestly I don't think I ever have felt like it. I always felt that this was a great space and I go to it much less often only because there is so much more in my life.

I've been in ns for 7 months now and time seems to fly by so fast. I remember it like it was yesterday that I first embarked on this unknown phase in my life, and here I am already witnessing a quarter of it pass me by. Loads have happened in my life over these months and I've learned a lot through it all. Coping with workload of studying and other commitments have really put a strain both mentally and physically on me but i guess we all just have to learn to hang in there and cope. You know what they all say, what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.

Time is such an abstract art, like a sudden torrential storm on a sunny day, you'll never know what to expect. You may think you know what is in store for your in the future, even the near future. But life likes to spring surprises on you to keep you on your feet, i found. And in trying to get a grip on life, more often than not we loose our inner senses and our sanity in trying to catch up.

I don't know about everyone out there, but while in a different phase in life, a lot of things tend to fade away and sadly friendships start to erode. But some friends that mean most to you you'll try to hang on to and not let them get washed away with the sweeping changes in your life. I miss the times in jc where i was always surrounded by people that genuinely cared for me and i for them. In life's road trip you tend to loose people along the way, but these bunch of great friends have stuck and we still meet up, albeit only once in a while to catch up. I'm honored to have such great friends that keep up the effort and sincerely, these are the friends i would trust everything I have with.

Then there are friends which you get to know in a phase in your life and just fade into the background because you weren't close, or, not one of you bothered to make the effort to try. These are friends that often you find joy on the surface hanging out with them, but beyond that, you don't know them all too well. I'm saddened when relationships fade and those that once were close to you almost suddenly turned acquaintances.

Now I'm in a phase in life where I've made many great new friends, some better than the others. Whether these relationships can stand the test of time is another matter altogether. Only time will tell.

In one blog post I've poured all that was lingering in my mind these past few days. Thoughts that I wanted to share and life experiences that left a deep impression on my life.

An update on my not so happening life:
I've taken classes part time, a diploma in law (it really is difficult)and am still putting my braincells to work.

Life has been pretty good to me so far thank God

I have an awesome ukele (thank you mum and dad)

I'm going to UK at the end of october!! woohoo :D

Attempts to live healthy have been pretty successful, I'm running two times a week to train for the nike human race in october and the singapore stand chart marathon in december

No comments: