Saturday, July 9, 2011

The heart is a stubborn creature

As humans, we know that when we do something wrong, our conscience pricks us like a needle and we know that we need to stop only because we care for ourselves and our personal well being. But honestly, deep within our hearts we know we don't know our limits, neither will we ever know our limits when it comes to things we so deeply want in our lives that such sacrifices seem almost logical. On hindsight, we may come to deeply regret the things we do in life, but honestly, don't you feel better making these mistakes and learning from them or constantly keeping so cautiously close to yourself and wary that life is not meaningful anymore. It's a cruel give and take and reality bites but all we got to do is to move on. All we have in us is a will so strong, that even when we step out of our comfort zones we still can survive. Even when you think life is down and in the dumps, keeping a half glass full attitude makes like all the more worthwhile.

For those who feel down in the dumps at times and don't know what to do in life.

I've decided to turn to my blog today just because I chanced upon it and read my thoughts in the past. Most of it bleak and 'emo' as they call it in modern teen lingo. I found myself wallowing in self pity at the things that have passed and didn't go as I like and not dwelling instead on the blessings that God has granted me with. I feel like a complacent little brat. Times have changed and my attitude to everything has changed for the better. I'm living the life more ever since and I have to thank christianity in most part of this process. I honestly don't ever think I was christian enough in my hay days, though I'm only 20, and hay days seem like im 40. The past seems distant and moving on and closure is what i need.

Moving on from such reflection to pure joy that i'm trying to live my life to the fullest.


David Choi- By My Side

Which brings me to this sweet video that Wong fu productions just made together with the brilliant david choi. He's such a brilliant musician and such a lyrical genius. It made me reminisce about so many things, but the desire and love exubarated here reminded me so much of how i used to feel for a certain someone. (zulu alert in that vid :D)

Like a flying helium balloon, I didn't know you would catch me in flight and bring me back down to earth.

Till another day,

I'm starting to love writing again.

No comments: